2.12.2007

Routine

So, I had an "aha" moment today.

The dishes never stay clean. Have you noticed that? You get the dishwasher loaded and started and by the time they come out all sparkling clean there is already another pile of dirty dishes waiting in the sink. It has always irritated me...until today.

I hate change, I like routine. I think I have always been that way. I like knowing what I'm supposed to do instead of trying to guess what needs to be done. I like knowing that every day I am going to have to wash dishes numerous times that day - I didn't know I liked it until today. I still don't necessarily love the act of actually washing the dishes but I like that I know that I have to do it.

So, now I am off to put another load of dishes in the dishwasher. Thanks to Emily who surprised me by unloading the dishwasher without being asked. Now my job is a little easier.

No comments: