We had so much fun with Nathan in the emergency room a few weeks ago we thought we'd go ahead and try it again but to avoid suspicion we used Luke as the medical emergency this time.Actually we didn't head to the ER this time since our doctor's office was open but we did have an emergency. Luke was sitting on the kitchen table (don't even ask how many times a day I have to tell him to not to sit on the table. If anything good has come from this it's that he has finally learned the lesson) He fell off backwards hit his head on a wooden bench and ended up with 2 staples.
This is his second time with staples in his head and they really do creep me out - they are so Frankenstein. I can't even stand to look at them. In fact the picture I posted gives me the heebies.
I think Luke was a little bit disappointed this go around because the last time he needed staples it was because he had fallen at Disneyland. If you ever want to be the center of attention get hurt at Disneyland. The minute Luke fell we were surrounded by workers all very concerned about us. I wasn't even hurt and I was asked numerous times if I would be more comfortable sitting in a wheelchair while heading towards the first aid clinic. Of course with all the niceties comes the request to sign official papers that I'm sure read somewhere in the fine print "I swear on Mickey Mouse's grave that we are the idiots who got hurt at Disneyland and it is all our fault and in no way would we ever try to milk millions of dollars from the kind people at Disney" They have to do it or people would be falling all over the place.
But back to my story...Luke was rushed to a local hospital but was thrilled to come back to the park, after getting staples, where he then had the opportunity to go to any store and get a new Disneyland shirt to replace his bloody one. I'm guessing kids running around the park with bloody shirts is not anyones idea of the happiest place on earth - it's probably not good for business. Luke still loves that shirt even now, a few years later. I really believe he was expecting to leave our doctors office on Monday with a sticker and a shirt but the office doesn't seem to have the same level of customer service as Disneyland has - go figure. So no nice new shirt for Luke.
He is doing well and we are glad. It is always scary to have a child get hurt, especially when blood is involved. We hope we have hit our injury/sickness quota now, at least for awhile.

No comments:
Post a Comment