Thought I'd update with some pictures of Luke. When this kid is happy he is the funniest little guy. He has got some dance moves that would put professionals to shame. He says things that are funny but are even more hilarious because they are being spoken by a 5 year old.As I was looking for pictures of Luke to download I ran across this 2nd one and realized that although it doesn't show his face it sums him up well.

Luke can be full of drama, as evidenced by the multitude of band aids on his foot. His injury was not a 3+ band aid injury mind you but to him death was near. Last Friday night when we were dealing with Nathan and the ER Luke's comment was "I don't get any attention, everyone is concerned about Nate not me" He yelled this fact loudly because it was the only way for him to be heard over his excessive high volume crying. It's tough to be the baby in the family and not have all the attention directed towards you - poor little guy :)
I love that in this picture he is standing on a huge pile of crumbs. Luke makes a mess when he eats - always. This picture captures his eating habits so well. This is one of those things that when Megan and Emily were younger moms would say "enjoy the messes, they grow up too fast" I would roll my eyes, think that they don't understand and proceed to clean up the mess feeling tired and a bit angry. I still don't like the messes but I have learned to calm down and recognize that part of being a kid is making a mess while you eat.
The other thing one notices in the picture is the pull-up. I won't go into this with much detail but let's just say that Luke is the kid that is teaching mom and dad patience. We'll thank him one day for teaching us this lesson, right?
He's a good boy and we're glad that he's the little caboose in our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment