5.07.2007

whew...what a weekend

We have had a busy weekend. Friday night was Emily's Daddy Daughter Dance. Her date for the evening was very good looking and a perfect gentleman. I had to help at the event so I took my camera planning on getting a ton of great shots but only got his one. The self timer had been set on my camera and I could not figure out how to turn it off. Whenever I took a picture we had to wait a very long minute for it to shoot and then the flash would go off - the shots did not turn out well so I gave up.

Emily had a ton of fun. She enjoyed learning new dance steps with her dad. Derek has always said that he got married so he wouldn't have to dance anymore but I think he forgot about things like daddy-daughter shindigs.

Emily looked really cute in her new dress. She and I went on a shopping spree and she loved finding the polka dot dress. She looked very grown up to me which made me feel a little sad. My kids are getting so big.

No comments: