5.18.2007

yes, another school project or should we say our child is brilliant

I remember when Megan was younger we thought everything she did was brilliant. As a baby she'd coo "she's talking so young" we'd say. Her first steps would bring such joy for us knowing that she was so advanced for her age. The wonderment continued with the other kids but just not as much, since we had experienced the milestones before, but we we still had our proud moments....Emily learning to swim made us burst our buttons - "I bet she'll go the Olympics" we'd exclaim, Nathan going on a roller coaster at a young age made him the bravest kid ever in our eyes. But Luke, poor Luke...when you are the fourth kid to come along mom and dad have pretty much seen it all. Well, hold on a minute...Luke has surprised us and we are sure once again that we have brilliant kids and that Luke will be the next world famous artist.

Luke had a mammal project due for school this week. He chose to report on a lion and look what he did....

He drew this himself. Now be honest - isn't it the most amazing lion drawing you've ever seen from a 5 year old? You know it is! Derek and I were both rather surprised by his artistic ability. He used the cover of a lion book to copy and I think he did great. He added torn paper for the mane and the final project was amazing. We have our fourth genius! Man, Derek and I are good parents! :)

No comments: