6.27.2007

the muggles don't even know it's there

Our trip last Saturday to Whimsic Alley was a lot of fun. I took Megan and her friend McKenzie and by the time we left we had spent a bunch of money and had a long list of good ideas for our Harry Potter shindig.

You could shop for all your Hogwarts fashion needs - house sweaters, robes, quidditch sweaters, ties, etc.My favorite part of the store was the wand store. I loved seeing all the ratty cardboard boxes lined up on the shelves.We saw one house elf - good ol' Dobby but I'm sure there were others just waiting for us to leave so they could come out and tidy shelves.

The store was a tiny store front that most people just walk on by and never notice the magic inside. It was a great store but I have to admit I was just a tad bit disappointed. I think with just a bit more effort the store could feel even more magical. I'm a Walt Disney girl and appreciate when every last detail is paid attention to. I wish I could have the chance to work on some of the decor of the store. Don't get me wrong though - a great store and a definite must see for the true Harry Potter fans.

No comments: