A few weeks ago the kids and I went to the Sawdust Festival. I used to go as a child with my mom so a couple years ago we started taking the kids. Local artists showcase their work and it is fun to see what they create.
Everyone's favorite part of the festival is making your own pottery. The last time we went the girls and Nathan (Luke was too young) made vases. During the firing process Nate's vase broke :( Here is what the girls created..
I have these displayed in our front room and have been anxious to get back to the festival to have the kids make more pottery to add to the collection. Here are pictures of this years creations...
Nate creating his vase
Emily and her bowl
Luke making his first vase - he is so happy to be old enough
Megan creating a bowl
the kids work before the glazing and firing processWe haven't picked up their pieces yet but we all can't wait to see them. I love this summer activity!

3 comments:
What a great activity! I wish there was something like that here...I know my kids would love it! I would love to do it, too! The pieces look great ~ they did a great job!
It really is a fun thing to go and do. You'll just have to plan a summer trip to California to make pottery - we'd love to have you!
Wow! What talent. Do you ever run out of energy? How fun!
Post a Comment