10.28.2007

can't move

I have loved reading about Kristi's marathon secret

I have read all her posts regarding her great accomplishment but today I learned that you can still feel all of this without even running a marathon. The lesson learned? You don't need no stinking marathon to hurt so bad you can't even walk.

The party went off succesfully but boy are we paying for it. If all my friends that helped with the festivities are feeling this way too I am now officially the worst friend ever. Not to mention - the worst wife, ever. Derek has served as president of party slave central for the past few weeks - doing everything I have needed him to do and he is paying for it today as much as I am. Watching us get of bed today would have made anyone laugh - we look like we are in our 90's and I'm not talking about Gordon B. Hinckley kind of 90's. I'm talking about unable to move or function kind of 90's (no offense, if your in your 90's)

So, besides being in "just shoot me now" pain all is good. The fires did not cancel our party nor did the rain we got yesterday ( not much rain but enough to cause me tons of stress) I will post pictures but you have got to give me a few days let's be realistic here - I did just run a marathon, I mean, I did just throw a huge party.

4 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Poor girl! I'm sorry you hurt today. Glad to hear the party went on even with all the drama this week...I had a fun little (or big) surprise waiting for me last night when I got home- my DH did a surprise party for me! And it was raining by us (by you too?) and stunk like smoke because of the fires this week. Still a very fun party and he went all out.
Can't wait for more details and pics!

Davis Smith said...

Imagining you guys getting out of bed cracks me up. I'm so glad you were still able to have the party.

Jodi said...

So glad the party wnet off without a hitch! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it!

Deanne said...

Get well soon (so we can see your pictures!!)