The fire continues to inch it's way closer to us. We left the church tonight after a YW's activity and we ere shocked to see the dark, night sky lit up with flames that looked like they were coming from behind our house. Luckily our perception was off and the fire was a ways off but it has gotten closer and it is a bit unnerving.
Oakley had voluntary evacuations today because the fire got close at one point. Driving over to the area tonight it looks like the fire has cleared Oakley and is heading towards Rancho Santa Margarita. The smoke was horrible tonight and the smell almost unbearable while I was shopping at Joann's (I told you I'm there a ton)
We will keep everyone posted over the next few days. Hopefully, they will get this fire out before it gets much closer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for keeping us updated. We're so sorry to hear the devastating news stories, but we'll pray that you all stay safe.
So glad to hear that you are okay for now - we will keep you in our prayers and please keep us updated!
Post a Comment