11.05.2007

finally some halloween decor

Our party this year was a Haunted Victorian theme. Our family room looks anything but Victorian so we did a bit of decorating. Keep in mind we are not going for historically accurate, we were going for the best we could while shopping at Goodwill.
I found a bunch of frames,mirrors, candelabras and sconces and spray painted everything black - amazing what making everything one color does. I really love how it turned out (in fact I am keeping it up for awhile)
Here it is all lit. I love candles and the candles reflecting in the mirrors looked really cool.
This last picture is to show you what we did to cover the brick on our fireplace (see first picture) Derek cut wood to fit over our fireplace and then we glued black marble linoleum tiles over the wood to make the fireplace look like black marble. This was a cheap decor trick and I was pleased with how it came out. I'll have to find a picture of it finished.

2 comments:

Hermana Law said...

Looks great sorry we were not there to enjoy. Costumes were amazing it looks as it was a great success as always.

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Your pictures also depict the power of lighting. The warm yellow tones make your decor more realistic and dramatic. This universal principle works all the time.