I feel the need to explain myself...I did not not like the Twilight series. (that sentence doesn't seem right so re read it if it didn't make sense the first time) I enjoyed the books - except for parts of New Moon, which I explained in my first Twilight post. I thought it was a fun, easy read type of book that was a good escape, especially while on vacation. I simply didn't love the book as so many others seem to. I think people have gotten the impression that I hated it. That's not the case - it simply did not live up to, in my opinion, the huge amounts of hype I heard before I finally read it.
I am not hating on Edward, Jacob, Bella or any of the other Forks folks. I'm not loving some of the other freaks - Victoria especially creeps me out. But I happen to love Alice and I'd like to think that if I was a vampire I would be her - the girl can throw a party.
So if anyone was planning to not read Twilight and beyond because of my post (although I am pretty sure I don't have that much power to persuade) just read them. So I didn't love them (I liked them) Millions of others love them - maybe you'll fall into that group. Just head my warning... if you haven't read them yet try not to listen to the hype - I really do think talking up something...book, movie, whatever does make people expect a lot and often tends to mess up ones opinion.
So there...I have spoken my peace.
side note...love them or like them, I do want the story to continue so I can find out how it all ends.
I am not hating on Edward, Jacob, Bella or any of the other Forks folks. I'm not loving some of the other freaks - Victoria especially creeps me out. But I happen to love Alice and I'd like to think that if I was a vampire I would be her - the girl can throw a party.
So if anyone was planning to not read Twilight and beyond because of my post (although I am pretty sure I don't have that much power to persuade) just read them. So I didn't love them (I liked them) Millions of others love them - maybe you'll fall into that group. Just head my warning... if you haven't read them yet try not to listen to the hype - I really do think talking up something...book, movie, whatever does make people expect a lot and often tends to mess up ones opinion.
So there...I have spoken my peace.
side note...love them or like them, I do want the story to continue so I can find out how it all ends.

3 comments:
i agree that twilight was hyped up... i still enjoyed it too but i wish people wouldn't have talked it up so much. has megan read it yet?
oh and also i was wondering if i could get that recipe of those yummy appetizers you do with bread and cheese and cut them in little circles? i am helping with a graduation party this saturday and thought that would be the perfect touch :)
Where is the post when I need it? I'm ready to do Christmas neighbor gifts and I'm waiting for you to share some cute idea. :) I may just do the cookie jar thing again. I have a lot of houses to go to though, so this I'm really worried about 1) baking over a hundred cookies and 2) keeping the costs low. I'll look through your older posts for more ideas. I'm sure I'll figure something out.
Hey Hater! I never got a call! Although my phone has been shutting itself off a lot lately, probably means its time for a new one. :(
I don't want presents! I just want a visit from you guys!!!
Post a Comment