While on vacation I read Twilight, New Moon and half of Eclipse (I finished the rest of the book when I got home) My thoughts...not as good as all the hype led me to believe but still enjoyable and a good nice easy read - a little brain candy.
New Moon was my least favorite of the series - took far too long to get to the exciting part of the plot and I also thought it was a bit predictable. Jacob Black? Come on, you could tell where that was going well before Stephenie got you there. My other complaint...it all seemed like a bit too much to have happen to one girl - how realistic is that? Dumb question, I know - I mean how realistic are vampires and other monsters but still...
With all that being said I still enjoyed reading the books. I don't read many non gospel type books at the moment so it was fun diversion while on vacation but my first love is still Harry. Edward may be a smokin' hot vampire but he can't compete with the boy who lived. I'm still mourning the fact that there is no more Harry goodness to read. Three cheers that we at least have the movies to look forward to.
Speaking of movies, and Twilight, and Harry...did you see who they picked to play Edward in the Twilight movie? Cedric Diggory?!?!?! Not working for me. Is it working for anyone else?

4 comments:
I agree! I read it in Grand Cayman and didn't think it was as good as I thought it would be. It got really suspenseful toward the end, so that's when I really couldn't put it down (but I expected to not want to put it down ever, and that just wasn't the case). There were soooooo many things that bugged me about it. However, I did still like it and I'm excited to see the movie. After I returned the book to my friend, she offered me the second book but I didn't want to read it! After reading the few sentences of summary, I thought it would just be dumb. So I'm glad I didn't after reading your post! It was good, but there were just some things that were annoying. I've been waiting to talk to someone else who thought the same thing and I hadn't found anyone else but you!
I am so glad to have a foe in these books. I thought I was the only one who thought they were just okay. I mean really- who would be attracted to a 100+,white skin, dark circles around eyes, hard as stone, and cold man? Let's get real :o)! This girl has some serious issues lol!! However, I would like to see the movie to see how it is converted to the screen.
you might just be the first person i've heard that doesn't love twilight! maybe its more of a teenager book? i dont know, but i love it! but i do agree, i'm pretty dissappointed with their choice in edward for the movie...
geez, it's about time!
Post a Comment