4.02.2008

one fish, two fish how will we do this?

We don't do Halloween at our school but they do let the kids dress up for literary character day ?!?!  Go figure.  Anyway, I got a call from a neighbor (thanks Aimee) and she reminded me that the next day was dress up day (bad mom forgot yet one more thing)  The boys had a few ideas of what they wanted to be, none of which we could pull together from our costume box so Derek and I were off to Costume Castle.

We started by looking at the Thing 1 & 2 costumes because that is what Luke wanted to be. Derek was not keen on the $30-40 costume so we bought some blue hair spray and a cat in the hat hat (Nate had mentioned he wanted to be that) and called it good.    After a quick stop to pick up a red tshirt we headed home.

The boys were asleep so I couldn't get kid approval on the costumes.  I made the thing 1 sign on the computer and decided at the last minute that I better make thing 2 because I had a feeling that Nate would be diggin' the blue hairspray and would want to be the same thing.  Let's just say that I'm getting good after all these years of being a mom.  Nate wanted to be thing 2 so we cut up a red sweatshirt so that it would look like Luke's shirt and ironed on the sign.  Score one for Mom!

This was the aftermath during Nate's bath after school.  

1 comment:

JJ said...

Loved the thing 1 and thing 2. You can thank me for the book character day. I sneak it in by doing it in the name of reading and somehow that makes it educational so it flies...whatever works.