6.13.2008

I apologize to all the older mothers

When my kids were all younger and I was constantly feeling tired and overwhelmed with toddlers and babies ruling my life I use to get a little perturbed by older, wiser moms that would tell me to enjoy it now because they grow up to fast, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now Megan is 14 and getting ready to leave middle school and venture into the world of high school.  Why oh why didn't I listen to all those moms?!?!  She and her friend McKenzie are off at the 8th grade dance tonight. As I was taking pictures I got a bit emotional because she seems so grown up.  In 4 years she'll be off to college and I will be wishing for my toddlers and babies. 


6 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

I have to say...your and Derek's kids are pretty darn cute!!! And, yes, they are growing up fast! But it looks like you love every moment of it, and that's what counts.

Cara said...

I can't believe how old your kids are! They look so grown up...this picture of Megan and the choir picture of Emily. It's crazy! You have beautiful girls though.

janae said...

I sure hope they grow up and leave!! I'm definitely still at the stage of fearing that they are going to be young forever. Oh, please, please, please grow up!!

Deanne said...

I'll try to listen and heed your advice! It does go by so quickly. I hope the dance was a success!

Lauren said...

This did make me cry...I can't believe this is the same Meggaroni who waddled around with crazy curly hair and a binky, and now she is a beautiful teenager!!! I'm too young for this!!!

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

I'm with Janae is hoping Mary learns some valuable skills in independence! Megan is gorgeous!!! You will have to beat the boys off with a stick, you probably already are!