We decided to spend Family Night at California Adventure & Disneyland since our passes would be fading to black on Wednesday. We won't be back there until the end of August and you don't know how thrilled we are to not have to fight the summer attendance at that park.
We started by going to the animation drawing class. I think I mentioned it in a previous post and it has become a must see for us ever since we have discovered it.
The class we went to worked on Pluto. Here are a few results...
I'm digging Nathan's Pluto above. I love that he followed the directions but then like any true artist he put his own spin on it. He is so proud of his finished masterpiece.
Megan loves to draw so she thoroughly enjoys going to these classes.
After our art class we decided to walk over to the new attraction - Toy Story Mania. We knew that the ride wasn't open yet (at least not to the public - it was open on Monday to the media) but we wanted to see what it looked like. And that is when our theme park miracle occurred.
A man approached Derek and asked if there were 4 in our party. Derek replied we were 6 to which the man replied that he was with a radio station in San Diego and he had a ticket for 4 to ride the new ride. Derek being the smart guy he is piped up "I have 4 kids, they can go on" so the guy and his wife/girlfriend? took our kids on the new, not yet opened ride. NOTE...the ride opened Tuesday the 18th. The newspaper said folks were lining up bright and early and that the line quickly approached 150 minutes long - yikes!
Our kids waited 0 minutes - that's right 0 minutes. With their new found radio friend they walked right up to the front and got on the ride. I wish I knew what radio station our new friend was from because I would give him and the station a huge shout out.
The kids loved the ride. I am glad that they were able to go on because their parents (yes, us) aren't near nice enough to stand in a 150 + minute line. That one ride will have to last them awhile.
The only other ride we got on was Haunted Mansion (my favorite) Is it wrong to want to live in that ride. I so wish that was my house - maybe not my house, house but how about my party house. While walking over to HM Luke found some headband/contraption thing and decided to wear it. I know, I know - who knows what was on it. Yes, I'm a bad mom for letting my kid pick up something from the ground and plopping it on his head. Yes, he wore it around like this and no we didn't tell him to take it off we just giggled (a lot) Oh that Luke, always good for a laugh!
Before we left the park we saved the park guests from sudden death by holding back the huge boulder that was making it's way towards millions of people in it's attempts to roll them to death. You can thank us later!

3 comments:
I didn't know about the animation classes - that sounds fun! How neat that your kids got to go on the ride before it opened, too. That is cool!
I LOVE Disneyland! I am so jealous that your kids got to wait 0 minutes to go on the new ride! That will be a "must" for us next time - even if we have to wait 100 minutes! Oh my!
Our fav place is the happiest place! Your kiddos are sooooo lucky! Love me some Toy Story, for sure!
Post a Comment