6.25.2008

sunday

We spent the morning at church and then headed home to get dinner ready since my brother Ryan, his wife Katie and baby Carter were coming over.  We enjoyed a Sunday family tradition that I grew up with and that I continue with my own family - Sunday afternoon cheese, chips and guacamole.  Instead of eating a big lunch after church we feast on some south of the border goodness.
In addition to all the eating there was a lot of Carter holding (especially by Emily - she loves him and is so good with him)
Game playing (this was mostly between Katie and Luke with Luke making up new rules along the way)
and Wii playing between who else but Nate and Ryan.
We tried something new for dinner.  We had brisket that we cooked in our new smoker.  We picked up the smoker on Saturday at Lowes.  I loved cooking in it.  It cooked outside which was nice since I did not want to use the oven inside the house that was already way too hot because of our heat wave.  I didn't like the rub we used on the brisket but the cooking method was great.  I think we will be doing a lot more smoked stuff this summer.

Sunday evening was spent getting Megan and Emily packed up and ready for girls camp. It is fun to see what ends up in the suitcases.  The girls always take the essentials...stuffed animals, nail polish, crazy toys for secret sister gifts, funky clothes and accessories. I'm anxious for them to come home so that I can hear how it went.  

No comments: