7.18.2008

my guilty pleasure

It's finally back...Project Runway.  

I love this show!  

I love watching the creative process at work.  Seeing what is created each week is a total thrill for me.  I love a lot of what goes down the runway and hate a bunch of stuff as well.  I can't tell you how many times I have said "what was he/she thinking?" as a terrible outfit has appeared on the runway.

Not sure what I think about the cast just yet.  No one really stands out to me right now. There definitely seems to be a few nut jobs (every season has at least one) and there seems to be some talent but I'm not sure who I am rooting for yet.
I'm just happy to have it back on tv - oh how I have missed you Tim Gunn.  Don't worry Heidi I haven't forgotten you - I patiently wait each week to hear you say "Nina Garcia" in your accented English.  Does anyone else love how she says Nina's name?  The one person missing that could make this season complete for me is Christian - I miss his fierceness.  Please come back you hot mess designer you!

I have to comment...the man is a wizard with the flat iron.  Why can't I get my hair that straight?

Just for posterity's sake the other shows I'm watching are...Next Food Network Star, Design Star, The Baby Borrowers (this show cracks me up), The Mole (so glad this show is back on the air - my guess for the mole is Craig) Wipeout (I am not sure why it is so funny to watch people falling all over the place into mud and water but we laugh every week.  The kids beg Derek each week to try and get on the show - I'd love to see him do it!)  and Ace of Cakes (Janae, you have to go to Charm City Cakes and take a picture for me) 

4 comments:

JJ said...

Do you ever watch "I survived a Japanese gameshow" after Wipeout?? That one is our favorite. Love ace of cakes.

Lauren said...

I LOVE Project Runway!!! I loved the winning design, and I hated the tanning-salon addict guy. Oh and I heart Tim!

Danielle said...

TV has never been so great as this summer- Design Star, Food Network Star, Project Runway and So you think you can dance are my favorites :o)! Can you tell I am a reality tv show junkie??

Aimee said...

The ace of cakes peeps were coming to anaheim to do a show sometime in the next few weeks. I saw it in last sunday's newspaper.