So here I go with some trip posts (broken down so as not to bore the few blog readers we have)
The morning we left started early - we had to leave our house at 4:15 am (not a great time when you don't go to bed until about 2:30 am) We had decided to have a driver pick us up since there was no way we would subject friends or family to an LAX drive at that time of the morning - aren't we nice people? Derek looked into a shuttle but found that for $4 more he could get a limo to pick us up so he went with that knowing that the kids would be thrilled when they walked out to meet the driver in the morning. Luke's face was classic - I so wish I had a shot of it. The ride was nice since most of us promptly fell asleep.
We got to LAX and sat, sat and sat some more. The joy of airport security and international travel. Nothing like sitting in the airport for 2 hours. The kids did really well. First of all they were still pretty tired from the early wake up and none of them have ever flown before so the airport was kind of a big deal.
Everyone loved the plane ride with the exception if me. I thought I was doing ok so I didn't take any anxiety medication (which I usually take every time I fly) I ended up having a bit of a cry fest but only during take off and occasionally I freaked when we hit turbulence.
Unfortunately we were not on a non stop flight so we had to land in Mexico City where we did some more sitting before boarding our flight for Cancun and I did some more "I'm scared to fly" freaking out.
We eventually ended up at our resort after a long day of travel. We ended the night watching a movie, ordering room service and getting some sleep so that we would be ready to enjoy the rest of our vacation.
4 comments:
Okay, either shuttles are way overpriced or limos are somewhat reasonable. What a fun way to start a trip. And how nice that all your kids are old enough to handle the time it takes to travel.
A limo helps put smiles on faces that early! Glad you survived the traveling! I decided this last trip to California that I hate airplanes! Getting older is fun :)
So fun - can't wait to see more pictures and hear about more adventures!
I'm envious of your trip, and I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!
Post a Comment