Here it goes - what used to be boring vacation slides in the good ol' days has turned into boring vacation posts on blogs - feel free to skim through the post stopping only when you feel a great desire to actually know what we're doing.
We were supposed to begin the long drive to Utah on Wed., December 17th but because of weather the Cajon Pass was closed as was I15 between Baker and the Nevada line. We kept our eye on the weather and waited for the roads to open up and finally got on the road around 1pm on Thursday. The plan was to stop halfway but we the weather was good and we had the energy to push through (amazing for us old people, huh?) We finally pulled into Orem around 1am.
We pulled together some stylish snow outfits using snow clothes that my mom had picked up at various stores and from my little brothers closet (Derek and I took turns wearing my 14 yr old brothers camo pants - and if you are wondering....yes, we looked good in them!) Megan wins for most stylish get-up. She was looking pretty dang sweet in some way too short snow overalls and at beanie Derek brought back from Chile when he came home from his mission.
Snow balls fights started soon after we got outside. I was spared because of the camera (at least for this first round of snow fun)
Nate's first trip down (I know you're checking Derek out in those camo pants)...
Do you not love the shot below of him?!?! Click on the picture to make it bigger so you can see his cute little face.
Emily's turn...
A spectacular finish to her ride.
Megan's first trip and I'm thinking she's having second thoughts...
Look at that Chilean beanie fly.
Like I said...she wins for most stylish outfit. Look at it! You know you are all jealous of it.
The first day out Luke was too nervous to do the ramp (He eventually got brave and then went on it a ton) He was happy to spend his first day ever in the snow making snowballs and eating them.
How cute is he? Seriously, his eyelashes, little tongue and cute cheeks that are starting to get cold.
Derek had to show off his sledding skills too. Not sure what the face is about. Maybe it's not the sled ride but the fact that he is a 6'4" grown man wearing a 14 yr old boys pants - that could be painful.

Of course there was some snow angel action going on too.

4 comments:
I LOVE that clothes drying rack! It is so perfect! I'm going to definitely have to go that route for our cold Nebraska winters. You guys sure make the snow look fun! There is nothing better than experiencing snow for the first time. I remember moving to Utah from South America when I was almost 12 and having that first snow. It was awesome!
Apparently Cara and I are sisters, so rather than type up everything I was going to say about the clothes rack and my first snow, why don't you just re-read her comment and pretend that I wrote it?
ps. Derek's face is SUCH a Baker face. I swear I've seen Grandpa and Dave both make that face before. I love it!
We are having the best snow ever right now, all powder. I have shoveled 3 X's Come back PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Miss you all. We had such fun with you here
XXOO Grandma Wood
We did the same thing this year, took the family to Utah and watched our little California/Arizona kids rediscover their snowy roots. We had lots of snowball eating going on too!
P.S. I think Megan ROCKS in the chilean beanie!
Post a Comment