7.06.2009

em owes me $2

I met her at Old Navy - love her!  

I met her only because of Emily.  

I saw her while shopping with my girls - they know who she is and encouraged me to go say hi. Not wanting to come off as the stalker I really am I said no way.  Emily then pulled my parental move and said, "I'll give you a dollar"  Yes, I bribe my kids occasionally - judge me if you must. I then pulled a kid move and replied, "two dollars" and Emily agreed.

I mustered up enough courage to say stupidly, "I think you are so talented", "I'm really not stalking you" and some other mumble jumble and that was it UNTIL we left Old Navy and went to Target.  As we are walking in the girls kept commenting "there she is" (she too was going to Target) I gave the kids the evil eye and begged them not to look at her - my undercover stalker persona was really going to be blown.  I thought we were in the clear until I hear her say "you are a stalker, aren't you?"  Oh man!

Then being the incredibly nice person that she is she had a conversation with me (her stalker) about her weekend plans (her best friends wedding up north), our 4th of July plans and some photography jive.  She really couldn't be nicer.  Now I'll have to stalk her more - maybe I can make it up north for the wedding.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Soooo jealous. I love her!! I'm sure she was just lovely to visit with, she seems like such a genuine down to earth person. COme to think of it I could totally see you guys as best friends!

janae said...

You MET her? Oh, that is so awesome. This is one of my favorite posts ever. SO FUNNY!

Jill said...

What a great story! Aren't you glad Em bribed you? This is so much better than seeing her without saying anything.

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Ohhh, you are so lucky! I totally am a stalker of hers...what I would give to have a photography session with her. (I think you've got that talent in you as well!)

JJ said...

Do you have to follow her around and shout "I want my $2"? What movie is that where the paperboy is trying to get his $2? The name is escaping me now, but it was funny.

Brenda said...

Too funny. When is your Birthday? Maybe I could pull a few strings. . .