8.11.2009

dahl family pride

As I mentioned in a previous post - the Utah trip was for a Dahl Family reunion (a tradition that takes place every two years)  We gather in Utah for two days of fun and reconnecting with family.

Grammy Baker is a Dahl and she has two brothers...Jack and Larry and 2 sisters... Marie and Carol (we missed them at this years reunion)  The reunion consist of the 5 siblings and all their children.


Here is a shot of Grammy and some of our crew.  We missed having Gail, Bryce, Ann and families there.  However they did have some of their BYU/Utah kids there so all the families were represented.
Out of Grammy's siblings I think she is still in the lead with number of grandchildren - 44 grand kids, 22 boys and 22 girls.  

Here is everyone from the reunion, minus a few folks that had to leave before we got to pictures.
It was fun to be together and reestablish relationships with family we hadn't seen in a while. One of my favorite parts of this reunion was the time spent learning about some of the Dahl family history - although not blood related I am grateful to have married into a great family with an amazing pioneer heritage.

We are already looking forward to the 2011 reunion that will be held in Raymond, Alberta, Canada.  Raymond is where Derek's grandparents raised Grammy and her siblings.  Derek has been there often but the kids and I have never been so we are looking forward to going and spending time with all the aunts, uncles and cousins.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Yae!! See you in Raymond...and in a few months when we come for Christmas! :)

Lyndi said...

I really liked the Dahl family history too. We have such an incredible family! I'm so glad that so many of the Bakers came up for it!
And sorry to Stephanie for blocking her face in the picture!

Deanne said...

I think Grammy Baker will remain the record holder for # of grandchildren. Darin and I are the only ones still in the child bearing season of life, and I'm pretty sure we're not cranking out 5 more to take the lead! It was so great to see everyone!

Cara said...

Thanks for the pictures. It's fun to see who was able to make it. Maybe we'll be there next time. :)

janae said...

I'm grateful for the pictures, too, since I know my family won't show my any! :)