6.19.2010

stop growing up!

Last night Emily was off to the 8th grade dance to celebrate the end of her middle school years - is it really possible that she will be in high school in the Fall?!?!?


To say Megan liked Emily's outfit would be a huge understatement - I believe there was a whole lot of  coveting from the big sister which made Emily's night even sweeter.  We all thought she looked adorable.


Megan played the role of the dear big sister in hopes of getting into Em's closet and borrowing the outfit. We know what your motives are Megan - don't hide it behind that smile.



I really can't believe that I have another child off to high school.  I was a tad bit emotional seeing Em head out for the dance.  She is growing up far too quickly - the silver lining though is that she is growing into a kind, caring, thoughtful, beautiful young lady.  


Love you Pie!

6 comments:

Margaret Pratt said...

Emily does look adorable! I love the sweet pictures Emily and Megan take together! I hope my girls turn out that way!

Emily Anne said...

The best day;)

janae said...

Of all the teens I know, I think watching your girls grow up is the scariest. I remember them so well as tiny little girls and it seems like I blinked and they were teenagers. I'm just certain that's how it's gonna be with my kids, too. I'm not ready! STOP GROWING UP!

Jen said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I wish I had two girls. ;D

Gentry Fam said...

Oh, Miss Emily, I love your outfit too! You are gorgeous inside and out! High School here she comes!

Tara M said...

I just thought what a cute outfit on an even cuter girl before I read on! Wow, makes me feel old too, we remember when she liked to climb up Jeff's legs and do flips!