9.24.2010

ummm, hello beautiful??

Perhaps the most stressful day of Spirit Week was Thursday's Ugly Outfit Day.  This seemed to be the day that was hardest to pull off but after a 9:30 pm jaunt to Ross the night before the girls managed to put together some ugly outfits.

Excuse the poor pictures.  The lighting at 6:15 am is not ideal especially when using the point and shoot camera or cell phone.

Now for the outfits...



I had to include this close-up shot so that our devoted blog readers (who am I kidding - we have none) wouldn't miss any of the fine details on this outfit.  The intense look of the animal, the natural foliage set off with just the right amount of sparkle thanks to the strategically place metallic studs, not to mention how fantastically the shirt pairs with the purple and black herringbone pants.  Emily, you make me proud!


Is it good or bad to admit that the pants were not from my shopping spree at Ross - we actually had them in a closet.  I'm not sure why they were initially purchased and I think we had forgotten we owned them but now that they have seen sunlight the girls may need to be rockin' them more often.  They're kinda so ugly that they're cool.



Megan went for ugly AND comfort.  No lie...if she thought she could get away with it without experiencing total ridicule she would have a closet full of these silky moo-moos and wear them everyday.  


She tried this little number on before going to bed and refused to take it off.  She climbed into bed wearing her new outfit of choice and then sang it's praises more when she got to sleep in because other than hair and make-up she was ready to go.  No precious morning minutes spent trying to put an outfit together.  Go from girl in jammies to dressed to impress simply by stepping out of bed.  I'm telling you, she may spearhead the effort to make silk moo-moos popular with teens.




One more day of Spirit Week wear and than we are back to old, boring outfits.

1 comment:

steph said...

I've really enjoyed these posts!! Your girls' spirit week outfits are great!