5.21.2007

60 days and counting...

So, book 7 is quickly approaching and we have started to plan our Harry Potter book release bash. Megan and I have spent far too much time on the internet looking for ideas but it sure has been fun. I have a great idea for the outside of the house but I'm keeping it under wraps at the moment.

We can always use some good ideas. If you have any ideas that would work for a Hogwarts celebration please send them our way. At the moment we are planning to have the great hall complete with floating candles, a potions classroom, and possibly a divination classroom. We will be serving a meal and playing games before we head over to Borders to pick up our golden book.

I need to get working on costumes as well. Megan wants to be Luna Lovegood. Emily isn't sure but I think her plan is to be a Ravenclaw student. I think I want to be Prof. Trewlaney or Bellatrix. Prof. T would be the easier costume to make.

We are getting way excited for the book but I'm also excited to be planning a party. I haven't planned a big party in a long time and I miss it. I'm sure Derek is thrilled to see "party money" flying out of our bank account.

5 comments:

mae mae said...

I just happened to be looking at cake pans on the Wilton website yesterday because I had a lot of fun making Ryan's Spider-Man cake and I noticed that they have a Harry Potter cake pan.

Lauren said...

You're all such nerds. Maybe I should tell you that Brett gets to read it even BEFORE it comes out, we are getting advanced copies at the library...HAHA

denise @ little ant design said...

I was under the impression that if you read it before it's scheduled release you would be breaking the law. I believe that all shipments to bookstores, libraries, etc. are to be kept sealed in their boxes until midnight of the release. I'm not 100% sure of that but it makes sense. You don't want to go to prison, do you?!?!? Although I doubt prison is where they send book offenders.

Lauren said...

Well, we can't open them until they get here, the day before. We have to have them processed, labelled, and covered so that they are ready to be checked out the next morning. :) I will fit in perfectly in prison!!! Don't you forget about my sweet tattoos!!!!! I'm a thug!

Anonymous said...

You should totally be Prof. Trewlaney! It's totally you! Tell Emiy's idea of being a Ravenclaw student is great for her! I'll have to start calling Megan Luna or Luni! Great idea, i sounds fun! I wish i could come, but i live in desert utah, so have fun! Call on the night it comes out so i can be part of the party! Love and miss you guys!