5.24.2007

field trip

On Tuesday I took a field trip with my photography class to Laguna Beach. The assignment was to photograph the sunset but with such horrible weather that day we all took to shooting other things. The gray weather was not very inspiring and out of the 300+ shots I took I don't like very many of them. Here are a few that I liked ok but I'm not really in love with any of them. The pictures above and below are of my friend Rona. She and I are taking the photo class together. The foot picture is probably my favorite of the whole shoot.
I found it funny that this sign was on the beach serving no purpose. I think I would have liked this shot better if the sign had kids climbing on it. That is one of the things I learned from this field trip - I am not a landscape photographer - I like people in my shots.
This was my first attempt at night/motion photography together. I think the results are kinda cool but the shot is still not pulling any emotion from me. Even though I don't love any of the shots, I enjoyed messing around with some new techniques and am anxious to head back down to Laguna (with family this time) to try out more shots.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You are getting really good! I'm very impressed.