9.08.2007

all things halloween

I think my fingers are permanently black from all the spray painting I have been doing this week. I have sprayed it all...flowers, frames, candelabras and more. Nate has been a big help spray painting I just hope I am not creating a tagger - look for his work coming to a freeway near you!

Today I have been busy working on costumes, running from fabric store to fabric store. Megan is easy. She is going to wear the gypsy costume she wore for her medieval faire at school. Nate is going to be Frankenstein because I found some killer shoes at Goodwill for $7.00. They are black, huge and clunky - totally perfect for Frankie. Emily is going to a pirate and I think we have convinced Luke to be her side kick. My hope is to have the costumes done in the next couple weeks - we'll see if that actually happens.

Does anyone else do anything fun for Halloween? We'd love to hear what you do.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Ok, Halloween is not even on my radar yet! I guess I need to get on the ball! I do have a great idea for my kids, but I don't know if they will go for it. I would love to have Olivia be Dorothy, and my boys be the tin man, the scarecrow, and the cowardly lion. I know it's been done several times before, but it's perfect for my kids (numbers and genders). I don't know if I will be able to talk my boys into it. They pretty much want to be Spiderman (both of them). I can't wait to see your Halloween adventures (and that gypsy costume is amazing!)

Jodi said...

I think my favorite thing about Halloween is the tradition that my mom started. She would always make my Grandma Dahl's yummy chili in the crockpot so that we had warm, full tummies before we went trick-or-treating. When we would came home, she would have homemade doughnuts frying in the pan. I have done this for the past few years and I have to say I have the chili recipe down, but my doughnuts aren't near as good. It is a fun tradition and I hope my kids will continue with it.