11.09.2007

christmas lights next

Ok, I seriously married the best guy in the world.

Most husbands don't love getting on the roof to put up Christmas lights - Derek is no exception, yet he does it every year without complaint. That is saying something especially since he also gets up on the roof every Halloween to put up spider webs. We are not talking about the 89 cent bags of spider webs either. These are top dog spider webs that take some creative thinking. These need to be stretched and cut to perfection. I know Derek would probably rather do anything but put up these spider webs with me standing by, trying to direct him where to cut next. I am sure that having me watching makes this job a hundred times harder because, lets face it, I'm particular about my spider webs. Yet, he does it and smiles. After all his hard work I just had to share the pictures.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Putting anything up on the house (spider webs or Christmas lights) takes on new meaning when you do it with Denise. Let's just say that the standard is high..."that light is not pointing straight down, can you fix that....no a little more to the left...no, to the right now just a bit." You get the picture. I must admit, that the high standard rubs off on you once you see the result. I have learned a lot from her attention to detail and how it makes a difference. I still reserve the right to roll my eyes when she tells me to adjust the Christmas tree a quarter inch to the right so it will be perfectly straight!