11.09.2007

rock the vote!


Nate is running for assistant photographer, the only student council position that 3rd graders can run for. He had to give a speech today in front of the whole school and according to him, he is totally going to win. I told him that I hope he does but to keep in mind that he might not to which he replied "I know Mom, I'm a winner even if I lose"

We made him the shirt above to wear during the day - it went along with his speech. He also had posters up this whole week at school. They turned out cute but where a real nightmare. I won't bore you with a long story about it so let's just say getting the posters done involved a 12:30 AM trip to the nearest Kinko's that could laminate (the closest one was 20 minutes away) and a 1:30 AM trip to the school to hang them up. I am sure that one of these days Derek and I will win some type of parent of the year award - that's at least what I had to tell myself as we were driving around at all hours of the morning
We'll keep you posted on the election results.

3 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

You win the Mother of the Year award- the shirt, the poster, the trip to Kinko's at 12:30am. Hands down- you win.

Davis Smith said...

LOVE the poster! Great job.

allie said...

So, did he win? I think the poster is very creative! Great job.