7.23.2008

she's a baker

Emily loves to be in the kitchen.  She is often asking if she can make a treat or help with dinner. The other night she wanted to make cookies so she whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  At first I didn't really want her to make them - I hate the after cookie mess but after I got a taste of a warm cookie I was glad I had said yes.  

Em is getting good in the kitchen.  She is capable of handling herself without much supervision and she turns out some really tasty food.  Perhaps someday soon I can turn over all the cooking responsibilities to her - wouldn't that be a fun little break?!

2 comments:

ry said...

Katie and Carter were gone for a couple days in San Diego with her family, and I missed her so bad I made her favorite cookies (oatmeal chocolate chip) for her to have when she got home. (But really so I could have some comfort food in my sad, sad loneliness.)

Jodi said...

I think she's a Baker/Dahl. Some of my fondest memories are of the delicious rolls and fruit salad at Grandma Phoebe's house. She can come make all cookies she wants at my house - I'd gladly clean up the mess for a few fresh out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies!