9.30.2010

a 2 yr old

I need a nap...and it's not just because of my insomnia.  


We are watching my adorable 2 yr old nephew this week.  He is good-natured and easy but man am I tired.  Juggling the schedules of two teenagers, a middle schooler an active 4th grader and a toddler is taking its toll.


I have realized how self sufficient my kids are - no more wiping their bums, playing hours of hide and go seek, listening to non-stop questions, feeding them, bathing them, finding babysitters for them, etc.  I have been out of baby/toddler mode too long and have forgotten the time demands of caring for little ones.


A standing ovation to all those mothers that are juggling teens and toddlers - you are my heroes!  I couldn't do it for more than a week.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

that's what my mother-in-law does! she has 10 kids ranging in ages from 22 (my husband kenny) to 4! pretty amazing.

mae mae said...

Does that mean he didn't make you want another one? :)

mae mae said...

P.S. Thank you again for watching him! We owe you big time!

janae said...

I think about my mom all the time ... having kids ages 15, 14, 12, 10, 7, 4, 2, and newborn. How did she survive????