Monday with plans firmly in place the mischievousness began. I mean look at Megan...that is the face of a girl plotting.
Who knew 24 little cardboard coffins could leave such a mess. We are still picking up little white sticker cover papers even now.
Meg started her reply by putting together cardboard coffins - thankfully Halloween is just around the corner so these weren't too hard to find
Meg, with a bit of help from Emily and Mom, put together 24 of these bad boys
Who knew 24 little cardboard coffins could leave such a mess. We are still picking up little white sticker cover papers even now.
After she had the coffins complete she went on to fill them with trinkets, candies and notes. She and I had shopped early in the day for all the little goodies while trying to think up clever little notes to go with them. I'm just getting this out here...I have insomnia so I get no sleep - everything seems funnier with no sleep. Megan on the other hand has no excuse for thinking some of our lame notes are funny.
Here is a sampling of some of the lameness...
a nose that grows in water - "only I "nose" which coffin holds the answer"
bat pez dispenser - "umm...not the one - you going batty yet?"
bug candy - "stay calm and quit bugging out, you'll have to find the answer eventually"
plastic parachute man - "chute still no answer"
candy sucker with teeth - "is this answer getting all up in your grill?" Remember, I'm getting no sleep so the cheesiness of this is all on Megan
mini old maid card game - "by the time you find my answer i'll be an old maid"
eyeball candy - "eye can see that finding my answer is a bit hard"
wax lips/teeth - "apparently you have bit off more than you can chew"
light stick - "you still haven't found the answer? you're not very bright"
candy corn - "is this answer bordering on corny yet?"
hugs and kisses candy = "some hugs and kisses to keep you motivated to continue digging"
These were just some of the fantastically witty notes. Once all the coffins were filled Megan buried them in a huge rubbermaid using 8 big bags of dirt
Dirt that did not smell pleasant. We really did try to get the best smelling dirt at Home Depot. Megan smelled every bag of potting soil and went with the least offensive - nice of her, huh?
Once all the coffins were buried away Megan topped it off with these three tombstones that read..."So you really want to go with me to Homecoming so badly you would die? Then you better get to digging to see if you need to start planning your funeral. Good Luck. Love, Megan"
Mission accomplished...almost. When we went to pick it up to put in the car it was clear that there was no humanly possible way for us to do it - the thing weighed a ton!! Derek was down for the count as he had the flu and even with Emily helping we were unsuccessful at lifting the beast.
Luckily, two of Megan's guy friends who were heading out for the evening to ask girls to Homecoming came by and loaded the dirt up for us and then went with us to deliver it to the doorstep.
Megan got to hide across the street from Austins house to watch it all unfold. It was hilarious. But the best part...Megan purposely left out the coffin that held the answer. Little meanine! We drove back to our house leaving Austin and his family to dig. We came back a half hour or so later to leave the final coffin.
This is the little guy that finally got left on the porch sitting atop a pile of dirt with a tombstone that said "he-he-he, I seem to have forgotten one"








7 comments:
Holy cow, that was elaborate. You two were made for this kind of thing!!
SOOOO cute. When I get to this faze of my life I'll have to call you to get ideas... I am terrible with this stuff!!
I'm loving it! It makes me excited for my kids to reach that age. :) Just keep track of all these cute ideas so when the time comes for me, I just need to browse your blog. :)
Seriously, you guys are so hardcore. I love it! SOO creative and cute. I'm impressed.
Wow, too cute! I'll have to remember your great ideas when my girls are old enough!
I think I'm going to ask Megan out so I can be the recipient of such a clever response. I'm not suffering from lack of sleep, and I thought the phrases were great (does that mean I'm cheesy?)!
Dang awesome!!!!!
Post a Comment