8.02.2008

thanks janae

Janae emailed me yesterday with some music ideas for Halloween from the Wall.E soundtrack. I loved the music and was grateful to Janae for the ideas.  

So now I am issuing a plea.  Before I spend hours searching the Internet I thought I'd ask the masses out in blogville...anyone have ideas for western music that has an eerie sound to it?Classical music that has a western feel to it? Any music that would work for our ghost town theme?

While we're at it...any ideas for decor, games, etc.  I have most of it planned out but I'm always looking for good ideas.  

Anyone have pie tins that they are willing to give up?  I need to collect about 90 tins.  I plan on heading over to Marie Calendars soon but I'm sure I won't be able to get as many as I need.  If you have them and are willing to let me have them I will send you money to ship them.

Anyone live in a really rural place that has cow skulls lying by the side of the road?  I am waiting to bid on a few that I found on ebay but there are not enough online.  I need about 12 total.  If anyone can help let me know.

What other strange requests do I have...uuumm, can't think of anything else.

Thanks again Janae!

6 comments:

janae said...

Sam says to maybe try the soundtracks for High Noon and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. But you have to find the original soundtracks, not the cheap remakes because they are, well, cheap. I don't know if you'll find anything, but its worth a try. Good luck!!

Lauren said...

"Ghost Town" by the Specials!

steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
steph said...

I think you should check out Gnarls Barkley he has some good halloweenish-like songs, you might find one that sounds a little more western.
You could also try The Good, The Bad, The Ugly soundtrack those are perfect I think.

also, this link is a CD of western music that might be good as well:
http://www.buy.com/prod/vol-4-spaghetti-westerns/q/loc/109/60328798.html

Mike & Cody said...

Denise, I am Jodi's friend and I love to read your blog. You are way to creative. I may have at least a few pie tins and I am sure that the DI has many. Let me wake up (Because I work nights and it takes me awhile living on 4 hours of sleep with 5 kids) and I will check. You are welcome to them and I can check the DI if you want me to. Cody Harris

Stacy W. said...

I am sad that i used to have the perfect cow skull for you, from my grandpas ranch, but not anymore. I have some very old and cool looking lanterns and milk tins? Some of the Aaron Copeland classical music: Apalachian spring, billy the kid and rodeo. You can buy it on Amazon and it is very classical and western!! not really spooky though. Sounds sooo fun! stacy